7:30 PM to 9:00 PM
From the Boot – 110 East Butler Avenue
Compliments of Steve Maakestad
Members in Attendance:
Stephen Maakestad, Chair of EAC
Associates and Visitors in Attendance:
Next Meeting Date: Note: one-time change from normal third Wednesday
January 27th, 2016 at 7:00PM – 131 Rosemary Avenue, Auditorium
Action Items by Person:
· Steve Maakestad – .Annual Report to Council. Move items from garage to borough building with Susan Johnsson
- Susan Johnsson – Move items from garage to borough building. Prepare invoice for WVWA membership
- Mary-Margaret Monser – Organize TREEmendous Party
- Chris Raines – Add photos from EAC events and monthly minutes to EAC web site
Post updates to Facebook page. Design flyer and tickets for TREEmendous Party.
Susan Curry – Organize TREEmendous Party. Work on Edgewood Preserve project.
Matt Cooley – Assist with Edgewood Preserve project. Attend TREEmendous party.
- Council/Committee Updates: The Edgewood Preserve Project was discussed. Borough Council approved a 20K contribution and will help facilitate the project and eventually take ownership of the protected parcel once sufficient funds are raised. Donations will be refunded if the fundraising falls short.
- Remaining 2015 EAC Budget Funds: Will be allocated for the Edgewood Preserve.
- Year End Review: Stephen Maakestad will present the year end review to Ambler Borough Council in January. Mary Aversa asked for a mini-campaign on reducing lawn chemicals.
- Fort Washington Business Alliance: The EAC joined the Fort Washington Business Alliance, which is a volunteer organization representing business and organizations in the Fort Washington area and neighboring communities. The Alliance meets monthly. The EAC endeavors to send two members to the meeting each month. The next meeting is at DeVry University. (January 21, 2016 at 11:30am)
- EAC Membership: Karen Polesir and Erin McKenna are considering joining the EAC in 2016.
- Tools in the EAC storage Garage: Steve Maakestad will call Susan Johnsson to arrange a time to move the tools to the borough building.
- TREEmendous Party: Details of the party were discussed including volunteers, flyer, tickets and publicity.
Items Postponed Until The Next Meeting:
- Plant swap project
- TMDL Phosphorous Update
The meeting was adjourned around 9:00pm.
Next Meeting Date: January 27th, 2016 at 7:00PM (Usually 3rd Wednesday)