Saturday, April 22, 2017
Time: 11:00am to 3:00pm
Location: Ambler Borough Hall
131 Rosemary Avenue, Ambler, PA 19002
The Ambler Environmental Advisory Council will hold an Earth Fest on Saturday, April 22nd, 2017 from 11:00am to 3:00pm at Ambler Borough Hall, located on 131 Rosemary Avenue, in Ambler Borough. Organizations whose focus is on environmental issues will display exhibits, tables and interactive educational displays and speakers will give presentations about environmental issues. Activities for children will be offered.
- 11:00am – Rain Barrel Workshop
- Workshop led by Wissahickon Valley Watershed Association’s Lindsay Blanton. The borough will subsidize half the cost of the materials for Ambler Borough Residents, non-residents are welcome to attend the workshop free of charge. Sign-up
- 12:00pm – Montgomery County Conservation District
- Presentation led by Cody Schmoyer.
- 12:30pm – Compost Workshop
- Workshop led by Katie Endicott from Peace Tree Farm. The borough will subsidize a composter for Ambler Borough Residents. Non-residents are welcome to attend the workshop free of charge. Sign-up link coming soon
- Time TBD – Rain Gardens
- Time TBD – DownSpout Planters
- Time TBD – Native Landscaping
- Time TBD – Watershed/State of the Watershed
- Wissahickon Valley Watershed Association (WVWA)
- Lindsay Blanton will be available to talk about Ambler’s watershed in our backyard.
- Montgomery County Planning Commission
- Montgomery County Conservation District
- Red Tail Restoration
- Greg Gagliano will be available to discuss how removing invasive plants can support natural biodiversity and native replanting of natural areas and habitat landscaping around homes can benefit our community. Greg is also familiar with the state of our borough park.
- Center for Sustainable Communities at Temple University
- Bartlett Trees
- Steve Hilbert will provide information on Ambler trees and will be giving away tree seedlings too.
- Come find out more about what you can and cannot recycle in Ambler.
- Always Be Recycling
- Don’t know what to do with your old electronics? If it has a plug, battery, or charger, bring it to EarthFest to recycle. What kinds of electronics can I bring to recycle?
- 11:00am – Storytime with Nanny Mo
- 12:00pm – Storytime with Nanny Mo
- A local Tinkergarten leader will have play-based kids activities that help develop core life skills, all while having fun outdoors! Read more
- EAC Arts & Crafts
- Ambler/Weaver’s Co-op
- Plant native rain garden plant seedlings with Katherine Neissen. Have yogurt containers? Drop them off at the co-op office at 131 E. Butler Ave.
- Sweet Briar Cafe
Rosemary Avenue will be blocked off for pedestrian traffic…..(TBD)