Saturday, April 22, 2017
Time: 11:00am to 3:00pm
Location: Ambler Borough Hall
131 Rosemary Avenue, Ambler, PA 19002
The Ambler Environmental Advisory Council will hold an Earth Fest on Saturday, April 22nd, 2017 from 11:00am to 3:00pm at Ambler Borough Hall, located on 131 Rosemary Avenue, in Ambler Borough. Organizations whose focus is on environmental issues will display exhibits, tables and interactive educational displays and speakers will give presentations about environmental issues. Activities for children will be offered.
- 11:00am – Rain Barrel Workshop
- Workshop led by Wissahickon Valley Watershed Association’s Lindsay Blanton. The borough will subsidize half the cost of the materials for Ambler Borough Residents, non-residents are welcome to attend the workshop free of charge. Sign-up
- 12:00pm – Montgomery County Conservation District
- Presentation on stormwater issues in our county and what residents can do about it led by Cody Schmoyer.
- 12:30pm – Compost Workshop
- Workshop led by Whitney Lingle from SAAC. The borough will subsidize a composter for Ambler Borough Residents. The cost will be $65. Non-residents are welcome to attend the workshop free of charge.
- 1:15pm – State of Ambler Borough Park/Raingardens as an effective stormwater management tool
- Featuring Red Tail Restoration and Land Management
- Greg Gagliano and his team of experts have been working on protecting our premier green space in Ambler and creating environemental stewardship. They are also experts on stormwater management and the role of raingardens as a tool.
- Rain Garden Workshop
- Wednesday May 3 at Weavers Way Food Coop in Ambler
- Featuring Suzanne Smith Oscilowski of WVWA
- Wissahickon Valley Watershed Association (WVWA)
- Lindsay Blanton will be available to talk about Ambler’s watershed in our backyard. Lindsay will present the Rain Barrel workshop and be available to answer your questions.
- Montgomery County Planning Commission
- Ambler’s county planner Lauren Van Dyk will present the design for the future pocket park on Butler Avenue and will share the results of our recent community survey about the park. Lauren will highlight the green stormwater management elements included in the park design, and will talk about how stormwater best management practices can be used throughout the community.
- Montgomery County Conservation District
- Cody Schmoyer will discuss different types of pollution that affect our waterways along with adequate practices that can be implemented by local residents. These practices would help treat pollution before it reaches our streams.
- Red Tail Restoration
- Greg Gagliano will be available to discuss how removing invasive plants can support natural biodiversity and native replanting of natural areas and habitat landscaping around homes can benefit our community. Greg is also familiar with the state of our borough park.
- Bartlett Trees
- Steve Hilbert will provide information on Ambler trees and will be giving away tree seedlings too.
- Come find out more about what you can and cannot recycle in Ambler.
- Always Be Recycling
- Don’t know what to do with your old electronics? If it has a plug, battery, or charger, bring it to EarthFest to recycle. What kinds of electronics can I bring to recycle?
- Penny Pack Farms
- A staple at the Ambler Farmer’s Market, Penny Pack Farm will present what’s growing on the farm.
- Weaver’s Way Food Coop at Ambler
- Native plants are integral to our ecosystem. Ambler’s Weaver Way will be talking about the importance of native plants and planting native seeds for children to take home and grow.
- Ambler Farmer’s Market
- Get a sneak preview of the upcoming Farmer’s Market in Ambler.
- Ambler Mushrooms
- Heidi Merscher of Ambler Mushrooms will have mushroom samples and provide information on how mushrooms contribute to the environment in a positive way as decomposers. Heidi lives and grows her mushrooms locally in Ambler.
- Plant Ambler
- Plant Ambler will be talking about all the work they do in Ambler to keep it looking beautiful. They will be planting Purple Hyacinth Bean plants for you to take home.
- Robbins Park Environmental Education Center
- Robbins Park will have some environmental education which teaches children and adults how to learn about and investigate their environment, and to make intelligent, informed decisions about how they can take care of it along with some fun kids activities.
- 11:00am – Storytime with Nanny Mo
- 12:00pm – Storytime with Nanny Mo
- A local Tinkergarten leader will have play-based kids activities that help develop core life skills, all while having fun outdoors! Read more
- EAC Arts & Crafts
- Ambler/Weaver’s Co-op
- Plant native rain garden plant seedlings with Katherine Neissen. Have yogurt containers? Drop them off at the co-op office at 131 E. Butler Ave.
- Sweet Briar Cafe
- Will be providing food and beverages.
- Steve Hutchman will perform acoustic guitar.
- Ambler Train Station Directions
- Ambler is a walk-able community. Please consider walking if you live in Ambler.
- Parking at the Ambler Borough Municipal building will be closed except for handicap accessible spaces.